Joint Japan World Bank Graduate 2023 Scholarship Program Application is open now for international students. Pursue your teaching in participating universities in U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan. Good news! requests for the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship plan are currently open. In this article, we will explain information about this scholarship plan, its benefits, and step by step request process.
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship plan 2023-2025 is a fully funded master’s scholarship for global applicants. JJ/WBGSP scholarship will cover the full teaching fee, accommodation, economy class air travel, and monthly living stipend.
WBGSP is open to women and men from developing states with relevant executive experience and a history of contributing to their countries’ development efforts who are trying to a master’s degree plan in a development-related topic.
JJWBGSP offers scholarships for 26 Participating plans at universities in U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan in key areas of development, including economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management. You are not allowed a JJWBGSP Scholarship if you are not admitted to one of these plans. Developing nation applicants are committed to moving to their home country to use their fresh abilities and add to their nations’ cultural and economic development after graduating.
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate 2023 Scholarship Program Details
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Newcastle University
- Study in: U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to find the obtainable masters opportunities
- plan Period: 2 years
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship plan provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study plan and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will accept a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
- teaching for your graduate plan and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained along the university.
- While on campus during the scholarship period, a monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books).
Please note all JJ/WBGSP scholarships cover the time of the graduate plan or two years, whichever is less.
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship does not cover:
- VISA application(s) costs
- Expenses to bring and/or support a scholar’s family members;
- Extra-curricular courses or training;
- Language training not provided by the graduate plan;
- Additional travel during the study plan;
- Resident permit fee
Eligibility Criteria for Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship plan
To be eligible for The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program – JJWBGSP, students must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Not hold double citizenship of any developed country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years before the requested Deadline date;
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
- Be employed in development-related work in a paid full-period position at the time of submitting the scholarship request. The only exception to this criterion is for developing country states from a country that will be on the updated list of Fragile and Conflict States provided to students in the request Guidelines for each call for scholarships.
- On or before the Scholarship request Deadline date, be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the upcoming educational year to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP preferred university master’s plans located outside of the student’s country of citizenship and country of residence listed at the period the call for scholarship requests open. The letter of admission must be uploaded before submitting your request.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew; *Please note: All eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made. Eligibility criteria WILL NOT change during an open call for requests. However, these details are subject to change between the close of one request process and the opening of the next.
How to try for Joint Japan World Bank Graduate 2023 Scholarship Program?
Please follow the following steps to avail of this scholarship:
- You must first try for admission to one or more of the Partner Masters Degree Program(s). Inquiries on how to submit an admissions request to a partner program should be submitted to the respective university.
- Create an account on the scholarship website from here.
To know more about The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program – JJWBGSP, please visit the official website: