Great opportunity for international students FMI Basel PhD Fellowship applications are open now. The Friedrich Miescher institute provides PhD fellowships to international students who conduct biomedical research in international settings. Applications for the 2023 intake will be received starting in September. The international fellowship is given by the Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research in cooperation with the Biozentrum of the University of Basel, the section of Biomedicine of the University of Basel, the Department of Biosystems Science and Engineering (D-BSSE) of the ETH, and the Swiss Tropical and general Health Institute (TPH).
FMI Basel PhD Fellowship fellows will be offered an interdisciplinary graduate study in a cooperation setting. FMI offers mentorship to international fellows; the mentor committee is made up of internal and outer professionals. Fellows will further be offered professional development opportunities. The Dean of the candidates acts as a bridge between applicants and the administration of the university and FMI.
Period: 4 to 5 years
Details about the FMI Basel PhD Fellowship
- Country: Switzerland
- Financial coverage: Paid
- Deadline: November 10, 2022
The FMI Basel PhD Fellowship is provided in the following areas:
- Cell biology
- Developmental biology
- Biophysical chemistry
- Structural biology
- Systems biology
- Infection biology
You Can Apply: Fully Funded Denmark Government Scholarships 2023
Here is the standard to apply for the FMI Basel PhD fellowships in Switzerland:
- Students should hold a master’s degree.
- If the candidates are to receive the degree before the commencement of this program, they can enroll.
- The candidates are needed to complete 12 semesters of their degree during the thesis.
- Your Bachelor’s degree does not register you for this program.
Benefits of FMI Basel PhD Fellowship
FMI Basel PhD fellowships will offer the following benefits:
- Applicants will receive a competitive income.
- Graduate Candidates will receive financial help from the host institute and the Swiss National Science Foundation.
- Every fellow will have a manager. The manager will be the research group leader.
- Students will work with internationally renowned scientists.
- Access to new technology.
You Can Apply: Government Ireland Scholarship 2023 | Fully Funded
How To Apply For FMI Basel Ph.D. Fellowship
- The application procedure for the PhD program is online.
- Applications will open in September 2022 and end in November 2022.
- Interviews will take place in January 2023.